Naturopathy is a complete health care system. It is based on preventing health issues and treating ongoing ones. Naturopathy takes into consideration the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of the individual. The role of a naturopath is to identify the “dis-ease” and to create “ease” within the body and mind. Even if you have no particular health complaints, naturopathy can help you increase your health and vitality.
The naturopath works alongside the patient to identify the issue and find an optimal balance for their body and mind. The goal is to promote, restore and maintain good health. During the first consultation the naturopath will take a detailed case history. This will include medical history and other details such as nutrition, hydration, levels of toxin exposure (for example if you are intolerant to something), exercise and quality of sleep. Stress levels, rest and relaxation and other environmental factors are also considered. The naturopath will then create a tailored plan which may involve nutritional changes, fasting protocols, elimination or detox diets, stress management techniques or exercises.
Common conditions which can respond well to naturopathy:
- Women’s hormonal health issues
- Low energy
- Chronic fatigue
- Children’s health and immunity – colds and flu, chronic study stress
- Management of lifestyle diseases e.g. high blood pressure or cholesterol
- Flu and cold symptoms
- Immune support
- Digestive disorders – IBS, heartburn, constipation
- Chronic skin problems – eczema, acne
- Neurological conditions – depression, anxiety, hyperactivity
- Anti-aging and achieving optimal health